Cold Seal Packaging
The eco-friendly packaging solution
Apart from the packaging process and its efficiency, the sustainability of Ecobliss cold seal concept will be in your benefit. The plastic component is trapped between two layers of board. This allows the plastic to be reduced to the very minimum and requires no specific properties for sealing. In most cases, the blister bubble is even produced already using post-consumer recycled PET, and the corresponding blister card is mostly produced from recycled board. When opening the packaging the plastic part and the carton are fully and perfectly separated and can again be recycled.
An easy packaging process
Most companies that supply their product through retail outlets do understand the importance of having good packaging. At the same time, most manufacturers are not packaging experts. So adopting a trouble-free packaging process is of big importance.
Fast and scalable packaging
The Ecobliss cold seal blister concept requires pressure only to make a perfect seal. As opposed to traditional blistering techniques that typically require time, heat end pressure the advantage of having one sealing parameter only can by itself be reason enough to use Ecobliss cold seal retail packaging. Not only is the sealing process very reliable, it is also fast in set-up and has virtually no set-up spoils, nor running spoils. Ecobliss also offers a full range of equipment from manually operated through to fully automated packaging lines. So whether you have several thousands of products to be packaged or millions, we have a suitable solution for you, and at all times the simplicity of the concept favors your packaging process.
Read more about the advantages of cold seal packaging.
Cold Seal Packaging Advantages overview
Cold seal, the eco-friendly statement
- Highly recycled content cardboard can be used
- 100% Post-consumer recycled plastic can be used
- Plastic content can be reduced to a minimum
- Ecobliss cold seal adhesive is water based and solvent free
- Full and contamination free material separation when opening the packaging
- After opening, separate components can be recycled
Multiple advantages for your packaging process
- No heat for sealing means a less energy consuming sealing process
- Quick change-over as cooling down and re-heating of seal tool is not required
- Minimal setup scrap as there is only a single parameter (pressure)
- Fast packaging process as seal is instantly created when pressure is applied
- Single parameter allows for simple and low-cost equipment for small volume
- Full range of sealing equipment available, serving high volume demand as well
Outstanding shelf presentation and consumer experience
- Optimized shelf presentation due to plastic content reduction
- Maximized communication area as the entire board surface can be printed
- Printing continues behind the product even though the card is printed single sided only
- Product visibility can be extended to the back side of the packaging
- Various easy opening possibilities can be proposed